The Axis church firmly believes all children are a blessing that play an important and purposeful role in the body of Christ. As such, The Axis Church is passionate about creating a safe, accommodating space for all children to meet, love, and follow Jesus. If your child has any specific and/or special needs, please contact our Director of Family Ministry, Rachel Foster, and let us know how we can best support your family.
COVID-19 UPDATE: We are offering a limited children’s ministry for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers at our 9AM service. Classrooms will have a limited capacity and spots will be confirmed first come, first serve by using our Axis Kids RSVP form. For more information on our safety guidelines, please see the FAQ section below the video.
Children's Ministry During COVID-19:
Currently we are offering Infant, Toddler, and Preschool classrooms at our 9AM service. We are limiting capacity for both rooms (Infants – 6 // Toddlers – 8 // Preschool – 8) and spots for the rooms will be secured through our Axis Kids RSVP form. It will be first come, first serve in order of RSVPs received. Rachel Foster, Director of Family Ministry, will confirm with you once your form has been received.
We will continue to have at least one of our largest classrooms open as a Giggles & Wiggles Rooms for parents to use as needed at both services. A livestream of the service along with activity books and pre-packaged snacks will be available. The room will be deep cleaned by a professional cleaning company before the 9AM gathering and will also be disinfected by a volunteer between services. Parents using this option are responsible for their own children. No RSVP needed.
Our New Mothers Room, with service livestream, will also be available for your use. Feel free to overflow into the infant room if necessary.
Additional Axis Kids Safety Guidelines:
- All Axis Kids volunteers will be temperature screened on Sunday morning, and each classroom will have two volunteers.
- Parents bringing children will be sent a series of health screening questions via email as well as asked to temperature check their children before bringing them on Sunday morning.
- All rooms will be professionally cleaned before the 9am service, and rooms will be disinfected by volunteers between services.
- Please practice social distancing while at our Sunday gathering.
- Infants : 6 weeks to walkers
- Toddlers : walkers – potty trained
- Preschool : potty-trained – kindergarten grads
What Can I Expect:
– Our goal is to see children meet, love, and follow Jesus!
– We love kids and seek to share Jesus in an engaging and age-appropriate way.
– Our teachers are passionate about loving Axis Kids and teaching them about Jesus.
– We strive to keep all children physically, spiritually, and emotionally safe at all times.
What Ages Do We Serve:
– At our 9am service we offer an infant, toddler, and preschool class.
– At our 11am service we offer an infant, toddler, preschool, and elementary class.
Infant: This class is typically for children from 6 weeks until they can walk firmly on their own without assistance from adults or toys (approx.18 months). We provide a nurturing environment where every child will be prayed over each week.
Toddler: This class is for children who can walk, follow basic instructions, and handle minimal amounts of structured learning. Typically our 18 month – 3 year olds. This age group focuses on fun Bible based crafts, activities and story time.
Preschool: This class is typically for 3 – 5 year olds who are potty-trained and can follow a structured learning environment. This age group follows a gospel-centered, age-appropriate curriculum (God’s Unfolding Story) and children will hear the story of Jesus every week.
Elementary: This class is for children who are starting Kindergarten – graduated 4th graders. This age group follows a gospel-centered curriculum (Jesus Storybook Bible) and will hear a Jesus-focused story from the Bible each week.
We have a private new mother’s room adjacent to our main lobby. This is a comfortable room for mothers feeding their babies, and features a livestream of our service so you don’t miss anything while caring for your child.
– Security volunteers are present in the lobby at all times during the gathering.
– Our security cameras cover each door and all common areas.
– Upon check-in, each child is given a name tag that records any allergies or food intolerances.
– Parents receive a corresponding pick-up tag that is required to pick up your child.
– Every Kids worker goes through a thorough screening process before they may serve in Axis Kids. This includes faithful attendance, background check, interview, references and training.
– Only Axis Kids teachers and staff are allowed in the classrooms during Axis Kids.